Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Day 13: Home to the Red Centre

Sunday, September 14th~

Time to wrap this saga up.

I was awakened around 6 am in the international terminal by the bustle of people rushing to their early morning flights. I freshened up in the ladies room, finished the rest of the junk food for breakfast, and found my way to the shuttle to the domestic terminal. On the plane, I had a window seat and no one was in the seat next to me.

On all four flights on this trip, I was between the window and an empty seat. I didn't want to mention it, lest I jinx my good fortune. But I managed to go 4 for 4. That there's some good travel karma.

It was raining in Sydney when we took off. I found it consoling, not knowing how long it would be before I saw precipitation again. The flight gave me a lot of time to reflect on the trip, an opportunity I've never really given myself on previous vacations. I feel like I learned a lot about myself on this trip, about what I want. I loved the experience of traveling, and assessed how I could do it better next time. And there will be a next time. I am not done with New Zealand, and I have just begun my life of travel. This was a wonderful, eye-opening trip of a lifetime. Can't wait to have some more!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

*Applause*

Great saga-journaling! I totally want to go to New Zealand now!